Good morning everyone,
I wanted to make all patient aware of some important Medicare changes announced in the May 2023 budget esp MyMedicare, the mechanism by which voluntary patient registration will be rolled out:
Patients who register with our clinics under MyMedicare will have access to:
- greater continuity of care with their registered practice, improving health outcomes
- longer MBS-funded telephone calls with their usual general practice
- triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS telehealth consultations (Levels C, D and E) for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders.
- better care in the community for people with complex, chronic disease who frequently attend hospitals. These arrangements will roll out progressively across the country over three years from FY2024–25.
- Chronic Disease Management items linked to a patient’s registration in MyMedicare from November 2024, to support continuity of care for people with chronic and complex conditions.
MyMedicare registration will start from 1st October with Medicare hopefully providing more details over the next 2 weeks. We will be able to help you on the phone & in the clinic for registration as soon more information is available.
I will aim to keep you updated with all the latest information as it comes through.
Dr Binay Kumar FRACGP
Mt Evelyn Doctors & Lilydale Doctors