Quit Smoking Clinic in Melbourne, Australia
Nicotine Vaping Prescriptions in Lilydale, Victoria
Looking to quit smoking !! TeleHealth consults for your smoking cessation vaping script needs available
- 3 monthly scripts
- Friendly, supportive, highly experienced GPs TGA authorized
- Nicotine vaping prescriptions available if eligible*
- Out of pocket Charge $40 ( +MBS item which is refunded by medicare )
TO BOOK ONLINE : Click Book a Consult button > Register / Add details > Choose Tele Health > Nicotine Vaping Script Telephone
Patients can be prescribed Nicotine Vapes by following our simple 3 step process
Book a Nicotine Vaping Script TeleHealth / Telephone appointment
Chat with a specialist GP : Phone consultation or Tele-Health with a TGA-approved Authorized Prescriber
Approval and Script
Receive your prescription. If eligible*, receive your prescription via SMS immediately following your consultation.
Visit your local pharmacy.
Fill your script at your local Pharmacy and continue with your smoking free journey with support
NOTE: Consultation fees : $40 out of pocket .
( Total amount paid will be higher based on medicare item number used which is then refunded in most cases instantly by medicare to your account )
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you’ve connected with your consulting doctor, consultations usually only take up to 10-20 minutes.
Out of pocket fee of $40 applies to all consults along with the relevant MBS item . So total fee paid might be higher which is then refunded by medicare but you will not be out of pocket by more than $40
All consulting doctors work at our Clinics and are TGA-approved Authorised Prescribers of nicotine, including vaping prescriptions.
After the consult, if you are eligible, you’ll receive an escript ( SMS) as soon as they have finished reviewing your consultation.
Go to your local pharmacy and show them the sms. your pharmacist will then be able to process this for you right away and help you get started.
Your eligibility for a prescription is determined as per Medicare guidance by your consulting doctor. They’ll discuss this during the consultation to see what’s best for you. BOOK A PHONE CHAT NOW
Nicotine vaping products, also known as e-cigarettes, are devices that simulate the experience of smoking by producing an aerosol that is inhaled.
Nicotine vapes work by heating a liquid, which typically contains nicotine, propylene glycol, and flavourings, to produce an aerosol that is inhaled by the user. Nicotine vapes are designed to replicate traditional cigarettes, which can aid in easing the transition away from smoking.
Nothing is safer than breathing fresh air, but when considering whether or not nicotine vapes are safe, it’s important to compare them to smoking traditional cigarettes.
If you don’t currently smoke or have an addiction to nicotine, you should not use any nicotine-containing product, including nicotine vapes.
The long-term health effects of nicotine vaping are unknown. Nicotine vapes have not been approved as smoking cessation aids in Australia. These products are considered to be ‘unapproved’ therapeutic goods and the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has not evaluated them for quality, safety and effectiveness.
Ensure you use products from reputable providers, such as pharmacies.
- Nicotine replacement therapies (NRT) are available over the counter and also under prescription at most major pharmacies and deliver nicotine to lessen your cravings and feelings of withdrawal. They are available in a number of slower-acting and faster-acting formats, including: Patches, Gum, Spray, Lozenges, Inhalator
- Prescribed medications are available under prescription. They may help to reduce your cigarette cravings and ultimately help you to quit smoking. You must see a doctor to get a prescription to be able to get these medications.
- Counselling and behavioral support from a specialist-trained medical professional can substantially increase your chances of successful abstinence from smoking. The most successful approach to quitting is by using one of the above therapies to reduce your nicotine cravings PLUS counselling and behavioural therapy, which may include:
- Setting your quit date , Strategies for coping with your triggers , Lifestyle changes, Support from family and friends, Chat to a Health Professional ! QUIT SMOKING TODAY
Nicotine vapes are not the first-line treatments for smoking cessation. If you have tried to achieve smoking cessation with nicotine replacement therapy or counselling but failed, nicotine vapes may be a reasonable intervention.